The position is responsible for analyzing credit and financial reports to determine risk involved in loaning money or extending credit.Essential Functions/Competencies
- Complete credit analysis, summary of loans, exception reporting, and write-ups on problem loans for loan committee review
- Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine degree of risk of loan applicants and existing loan customers.
- Review individual or commercial customer files to identify and select potential problem loans.
- Assign credit risk ratings, identify problem loans, and formulate strategy.
- Prepare underwriting documents in preparation for loan committees using banks forms, procedures, and policies.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly loan reports in conjunction with management.
- Prepare credit memos for file updates.
- Communications proactively and consistently with team members regarding developments and changes in bank operations, compliance, and loss prevention
- Actively listen, speak, and act in a manner that results in powerful and effective action internally and externally. This includes expertise in written communications.
- Ability and willingness to alter behavior and opinions considering new information, changing situations and/or different environments and culture as well as work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals or groups.
- Position requires high degree of accuracy and attention to detail with strong analytical ad organization, skills.
- Individual must exhibit ability to prioritize workday efficiently and demonstrate ability to prioritize and organize heavy workload(s) and demonstrate effective time management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of and the ability to interpret financial data.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours/Travel
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are subject to change based on workload and needs. This position will require some travel to other branch locations and to customer meetings.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; a focus in Business, Finance, or Accounting preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience required with extensive knowledge of the financial industry.
- Experience with credit platforms/systems a plus (i.e., Sageworks)
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
First National Community Bank is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. First National Community Bank is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (706) 307-7183 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.